In this article we are going to discuss what chakras are. How they can effect your body if they are blocked or out of balance. How Reiki healing chakras works. And how to lovingly maintain them once they are back in balance.
Table of Contents
What are Chakras
Chakra is a Sanskrit word that means “wheel”. They are vortexes of energy that are aligned with your spine. Chakras are a part of your astral body (also known as your energy body) which is located within your physical body. When functioning properly they rotate like a wheel, and disperse energy throughout your whole being.
Many religions believe in chakras. In Hinduism and Buddhism they are responsible for the distribution of prana in the body. Reiki, Yoga, meditation, and other spiritual practices work on balancing your chakras.
People have seven main ones that are located from the base of their tailbone to the top of their head. There are many more than this throughout an individuals body, but in this article we are going to focus on the main 7.
Seven Main Chakras
What are the 7 Reiki chakras? Starting from the base of your spine.
- The Root Chakra, also known as know as Muladhara in Sanskrit, is located at the base of your spine. It is associated with stability and security. It helps you feel grounded and connected to Mother Earth. If it’s not balanced you could experience anxiety and fear.
- The Sacral Chakra, Svadhisthana, is located just below your navel. It affects your sexuality, creativity and sense of others. Imbalance could cause you to have repressed creativity and emotional isolation.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra, Manipura, is located directly under your navel. It’s where your confidence, logic and sense of self control stem from. Being out of balance could cause you to have a low self esteem.
- The Heart Chakra, Anahata, is located in the center of your chest. This chakra is all about Love. If it is imbalanced you may experience depression and have difficulty in relationships.
- The Throat Chakra, Vishuddha, is located in the center of your neck. It is the center of communication and speaking truth. If it’s imbalanced you could have increased anxiety, shyness and even arrogance.
- The Third Eye Chakra also know as the Brow Chakra, Ajna, is located between you eyes. It represents intuition, imagination, and foresight. If it’s out of balance you can have a lack of direction and clarity.
- The Crown Chakra, Sahasrara, is located at the top of your head. It is where you are connected to spirituality and higher consciousness. If it is out of balance you can experience closed mindedness, cynicism and a disregard for what is sacred.
Reasons a Chakra Needs Balancing
The reasons why chakras are out of balance can vary.
Some of the reasons can be.
- Unhealthy food choices.
- Self destructive behavior.
- Not believing chakras exist and consequently ignoring them.
- Energy blockages in other areas of your body that need to be released.
Ways to Balance Chakras
Just as your physical body needs proper care to function at its peak ability so does your astral body.
Many of the things people do to keep their physical bodies healthy also help their chakras to be healthy. A clean diet, meditation, yoga, massage and acupuncture can aid in keeping both your physical and astral bodies healthy.
There are also ways to focus directly on the chakras, One of them being Reiki.
What is Reiki
Reiki is a form of energy healing that originated in Japan in the early 20th century. The word “Reiki” comes from the Japanese words “rei,” meaning universal, and “ki,” meaning life energy. In Reiki, the practitioner channels this universal life energy to the recipient by either placing their hands on or just above their body to promote healing, relaxation, and balance.
There are many different styles of Reiki. Each one will have three or four levels of ability. Some styles combine levels three and four into one Master/Teacher level.
The practitioners reach these levels through training, study, practice, and an attunement ceremony.
All styles of Reiki use the same Universal Life Energy and have the ability to heal and balance people. Many believe Reiki is a gateway for opening spiritual channels in your life.
Reiki Healing Chakras
One of the most effective ways to heal a blocked chakra is through Reiki.
Reiki practitioners work in studios that look similar to massage studios. You can book an appointment with them in the same fashion as you would a masseuse.
It is recommend that you wear comfortable clothing. Unlike massage you stay clothed during a Reiki session.
Before a session starts a Reiki practitioner will ask the client a series of questions. Do they have any physical pain? Do they have emotional issues that need addressed? Is the client familiar with chakras, and if so do they feel one or more of them need special attention?
Next the practitioner will have you lay down on a table very similar to what a masseuse uses.
Reiki sessions begin with the practitioner doing a scan of the recipients body. They do this with their hands hovering a few inches over the individual, starting either at the base or top of the body. By doing so they are getting an overall feel of the person’s energy field.
The practitioner can sense what chakras are healthy and moving as they should be.
They can also feel when a chakra isn’t balanced or has issues. In instances like this the chakra feels like its’s moving erratically, very slowly, or not at all.The chakra may also have negative emotions tied to it that can be sensed. Some practitioners will also feel discomfort in their own body that corresponds to the recipients body. They can use this discomfort as a guide to where the healing energy needs to go.
Once a Reiki practitioner finishes the scan they are ready start working on the areas of the body that need healing.
For this article we are going to say that the practitioner sensed that the Heart Chakra has a blockage.
Blocked Heart Chakra
Since practitioners can vary on how they do this next step, I will tell you how I work on a chakra during a session.
First I will set an intention in my mind. In this case that will be to heal the Heart Chakra.
Then I will ask the universe to channel energy through myself and into the heart chakra of the client. I will invite my spirit guides to aid me in the process. Some practitioners, myself included, may also use crystals during this part of the session. Crystals have specific healing properties that can be used to aid in the process.
Next I will hold my hands a few inches above the recipients chest, close my eyes, and focus on the chakra. I’ll envision it starting to turn clockwise. The energy from the universe will start to flow through me and out of my hands into the recipient. My intention of healing works with the Reiki energy and the chakra starts turning. I stay focused on the energy turning the chakra until I sense it turning at the rate that it should.
At this point I want to say that the sensation of being tapped into a healthy chakra is exhilarating. An experienced practitioner can feel it pulsating while it rotates. We may even see the colors associated with it behind our eye lids and sense what the chakra does emotionally and physically.
When the chakra feels healthy and is rotating as it should I release it. I then start to scan around the area to where the energy is spreading out too. I do this to see if I can find any other blockages in the chest area that may have caused the chakra to have issues.
Once the healing energy is flowing as it should in the chest area I will then start with the Crown Chakra and work my way down through all the chakras giving them all some TLC. I do this to ensure that they are all working in unison with each other. This symbiotic relationship between the chakras is essential to a persons energy field functioning as it should.
Chakra Love: Taking Care of Your Chakras
Taking care of your chakras once they are balanced is important for your overall well-being.
Ways you can do this include.
- Reiki Healing Chakra sessions with a practitioner you trust.
- Healthy eating habits that include more vegetables and fruit.
- Daily meditation, so you can look within yourself and keep track of where you are emotionally.
- A workout routine that you enjoy.
- Yoga, the practice is not only a great workout but it also helps to release any trapped energy in your body.
- Involvement in a spiritual practice that has significant meaning for you.
- Sound Healing, the vibrations can help release trapped energy.
- Get in touch with nature. Walking bare foot outside is a wonderful way to feel grounded and closer to Mother Earth.
- Surround yourself with people who uplift you and avoid toxic people and situations. Remember toxic people are energy vampires.
In this article we discussed your chakras and how important they are to your wellbeing.
We also discussed Reiki Healing Chakras and how this amazing practice can bring you into balance.
I hope you take the time to get to know your amazing astral body and how it works symbiotically with your physical body.
Please feel free to explore this site for articles about the many benefits of Reiki, meditation, prayer and other spiritual practices.